32 years and counting

a-003.jpgSo, I have officially entered my 32nd year of life.  My birthday doesn’t bode well for a great year to come, but hopefully it was just like in high school when you were in the theatre production of Oklahoma! and the dress rehearsal went really badly and your drama coach/band teacher would squeak out “Chin up everyone!  A bad dress rehearsal means a great show is coming!”  Anyway….the day started out with me waking up at 8:15 a.m. thinking how lovely Garrison was to let me sleep in that morning while he got Edison dressed and on the bus (at 7:10)…but as I got ready to jump in the shower I heard the telltale rustling of a 5 year old in the hallway.  I went out and there was Edison putting his sneakers on.  “What are you doing???” I asked in a stupified shock and he looked at me like I had two heads and said “um, I’m getting ready for the school bus?”  “Didn’t Daddy already get you on to the bus?” (to which the answer was obvious).  So I woke up the babe and we sped off to school where Edison was, of course, tardy and the snooty school secretary harassed me about why exactly Edison was late for school….(why?  It was my birthday and I decided to sleep in?)  To brighten my morning I drove through the Dunkin Donuts drivethrough and purchased myself an overpriced latte.  Happy Birthday to me.  Got home and heard a strange scratch scratch scratching sound under my sink and found a R-A-T.  😦  Spent much of my late morning/early afternoon trying to (or trying not to, I was never quite sure) catch the aforementioned rodent.  Calling my mom in Pennsylvania for moral support.  The rat was not to be caught though.  Around 3:00 I decided to give up the chase and make myself some lunch – a very yummy salad with grilled chicken, cranberries and feta cheese – and while getting the dressing off of the door shelf I heard a sickening cracking sound.  The sound of plastic splintering followed by the sound of many bottles of salad dressing, mayo, mustards of different varieties and maple syrup crashing to the floor as the bar that holds them on the door snapped off.  Causing quite a mess on the floor.  Cleaned that up, then had to teach some piano lessons (thankfully all very good students today) – made dinner.  Things started looking up with Edison giving me a big bunch of Gerber daisies (that daddy helped him get) and getting some fantastic looking chocolate from Garr – one has chilli peppers in it & the other has lemon and black pepper.  Reminds me of the movie Chocolate….Today has been better for sure.  The in-laws are on their way here and the rat is in a trap.  🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: